How to use the Lorenz Equation: Phase Plane 0<r<320 Tool
Setting Initial Conditions
- Click the mouse on the graphing plane to set the initial conditions for a trajectory.
- Use the sliders to set the value of the Rayleigh constant r, or (1/100ths).
- Press the mouse down on the slider knob and drag the mouse up and down, or click the mouse in the slider channel at the desired value for the parameter.
- [Clear] removes all the trajectories from the graphs.
- [Clear Transients] removes all transient data without disrupting the active trajectory.
- [Pause] stops a trajectory without canceling it.
- [Continue] resumes the motion of the paused trajectory.
- [XY] selects the xy phase plane.
- [XZ] selects the xz phase plane.
- [YZ] selects the yz phase plane.