main>The Lorenz Equations>Lorenz Equations: Phase Plane 0<r<30
How to use the Lorenz Equation: Phase Plane 0<r<30 Tool
Setting Initial Conditions
- Click the mouse on the phase plane to set the initial conditions for a trajectory.
- Use the slider to set the value of the Rayleigh constant r.
- Press the mouse down on the slider knob and drag the mouse back and forth, or click the mouse in the slider channel at the desired value for the parameter.
- [Clear] removes all the trajectories from the graphs.
- [Clear Transients] removes all transient data without disrupting the active trajectory.
- [Pause] stops a trajectory without canceling it.
- [Continue] resumes the motion of the paused trajectory.
- [XY] selects the xy phase plane.
- [XZ] selects the xz phase plane.
- [YZ] selects the yz phase plane.
- The time series selection boxes
turn the time series graphs on and off.
|Copyright © 2006 Pearson Education, Inc., publishing as Pearson Addison-Wesley.